Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO: Merge tags

Is there any way to merge two tags?

For example, my users have created tags for both "book" and "books". This is redundant. There are also situations where we might have, for example, tags for "cat suits" and "catsuit". (Yes, I know there are the drop-downs with suggested spellings, but people often ignore these.)

There are dozens and dozens of threads with one or both of these tags. I also have this situation with many other tags. Going into each thread and manually changing them is simply not feasible. I need some sort of mass-merge capability.

Is there some way I could, for example, do a mass-merge to change all of my "book" tags to "books"?

If this capability is not available, would this be a good feature to add??

Thanks!

The ability to merge tags has been asked for, and I support that request. Currently, you'll have to do it manually.
    ~~~~~

Comment

How do you merge tags manually?

Comment

Oh, what I meant was: you have a few threads tagged with t-shirt and tee shirt, and you go through and add tee shirt to all threads with t-shirt, then go in the ACP and delete t-shirt.
        ~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Oh. Good lord. No way. WAY too many threads to even think about doing that with every thread.

Oh, well.... So it goes.

Comment

Yep, that's why tag merging and a few other things need to be implemented IMO.
            ~~~~~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X