Security Token issue only from navbar search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Token issue only from navbar search

I am aware that there is a sticky relating to the Security Token issue, however my question is very specific:

When my users try to search by using the quick search on the navbar (ie, click "Search" on the navbar, fill out the field, click ok), they get the missing security token error. However doing an advanced search works fine.

Given this info, is anyone able to suggest which template is most likely causing my problem?

If it's the default skin, then revert the navbar template.
    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Tried that, doesn't fix it.

Comment

If reverting the template doesn't solve the problem then most likely your style is not up-to-date. I'm looking at the code for the navbar template, specifically for the navbar_search_menu, and the extra security token code is there. If I remove that line, I will get the error that you mentioned. You'll have to manually follow the instructions in the 2nd post of the sticky thread in this forum to fix that.
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Is this the code you're talking about? This is from my navbar code.

Code:
          <form action="search.php?do=process" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="do" value="process" />
          <input type="hidden" name="quicksearch" value="1" />
          <input type="hidden" name="childforums" value="1" />
          <input type="hidden" name="exactname" value="1" />
          <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
          <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />
          <div><input type="text" class="bginput" name="query" size="25" tabindex="1001" /><input type="submit" class="button" value="$vbphrase[go]" tabindex="1004" /></div>
          <div style="margin-top:$stylevar[cellpadding]px">
          <label for="rb_nb_sp0"><input type="radio" name="showposts" value="0" id="rb_nb_sp0" tabindex="1002" checked="checked" />$vbphrase[show_threads]</label>
          &nbsp;
          <label for="rb_nb_sp1"><input type="radio" name="showposts" value="1" id="rb_nb_sp1" tabindex="1003" />$vbphrase[show_posts]</label>
          </div>
          </form>
          It appears to be there to me, so any ideas of where else might be causing the problem?

Comment

I'm guessing I should log a ticket?

Comment

Reupload the default xml files located in the install folder, then re-run install/finalupgrade.php

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...6&postcount=14

i fixed this problem

Comment

I've just upgraded to 3.7.2PL1 and after creating a new style with no parent style, the quick search works without error. However my style still has the problem of the missing security token.

When I copy the navbar template from the default style and use it in my style, I still get the security token error. I do notice however that in my style, when I use the default navbar style, the tag search option does not appear in my quick search - this makes me think that I am not updating the correct style.

Where is the template that edits the quick search drop-down?
                  Last edited by ED195KW; Sun 3 Aug '08, 9:07pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X