• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatboy84
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboy84 View Post
    Yes...smilies have lower case letters....example....:rofl:
    Also notice if he quotes someone who typed in lower case it does not convert.

Leave a comment:

• fatboy84
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Do the codes for your smilies have lower case letters in them? Seems like this could be a bug if so.

Yes...smilies have lower case letters....example....:rofl:

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboy84 View Post
    After resetting the Prevent Shouting last night, it did convert some of his posts to not all caps, but if he has a smilie it stays all caps.
    Do the codes for your smilies have lower case letters in them? Seems like this could be a bug if so.

Leave a comment:

• martync
    replied
    I will watch this thread as I have the same issue

Leave a comment:

• fatboy84
    replied
    If I type in all caps it works and converts to not all caps....

If I add any word in lower case it does not filter the all caps.

After resetting the Prevent Shouting last night, it did convert some of his posts to not all caps, but if he has a smilie it stays all caps.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    That sounds odd and shouldn't be the case... Please go to Admin CP > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspected File versions to check whether or not some files have been edited, and possibly stripped of the feature; then, disable all hooks temporarily, you can do so by adding this line immediately below <?php in config.php:
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    Finally, try and edit the post again to see what happens.

Also, if you have the setting on 0, it will disable the check, so be sure to have it set to some reasonable length -- IE: 3 characters, so things like NHL, MLB, etc. will remain "correct".

Leave a comment:

• fatboy84
    replied
    The option was already set before this user started this thread....It is in English.

Opened the post and clicked save, but post is till all caps.

For whatever reason, his posts still show in caps...Very annoying...

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    The prevent shouting option only works on posts that are posted after your adjustment; previous posts will need to be edited before it will be updated -- well, just load the editor and hit save, don't actually need to edit the content... the content will be passed through the validator and re-checked for shouting, and converted.

Please note that this feature ONLY works for English language (IE: ABC -> Abc). It will NOT work on non-English languages (IE: It won't work for ӐӒӔӖ -> Ӑӓӕӗ).

Leave a comment:

• fatboy84
    started a topic All Caps

All Caps

How do I prevent a user from typing a post in all caps?

I set the Prevent Shouting option to 1, but I have a user whose posts still show as all caps.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X