X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please upgrade to 3.8.7. Then if you have the same problem,start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nethawk
    replied
    i have the same problem!! vbulletin 3.8.3! all files are 0 bytes... today there were too many that the mysql start to fail... i had to delete them all to start working fine again.

any idea?

Leave a comment:

• bplein
    replied
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

We are running 3.8 latest version. Still seeing this. The code is in VBulletin, includes/class_upload.php

Not sure why anyone thinks that VB can't create files of that name...

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    What other modifications are you running on each of the sites? Is there a common modification on each of the sites affected?

Leave a comment:

• creativepart
    replied
    I have 5 forums and 5 with VBadvanced and only two of the 5 have the files. So, It's got to be something else.

Leave a comment:

• shabbirbhimani
    replied
    Its the vbAdvanced and not vBulletin that is creating those files and I also see that I have 5 forums on the server and the 2 having vbAdvanced have such files and so instead of asking these here its better to ask in vbAdvanced forum

Leave a comment:

• creativepart
    replied
    I still have to go into my server and delete these every few weeks or so. I get hundreds every week.

I still have found no cure. The odd thing is, I have 4 VB sites. And, all four sites are on the same server. They are all set up more or less exactly the same. But only two of the four sites get these files.

Leave a comment:

• Will.Spencer
    replied
    I've got 'em too -- on 3.8.4:
    Code:
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 25 08:33 vbuploadufPUqt
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 25 08:33 vbupload1VKXvW
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 25 08:33 vbuploady2r0GG
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 28 11:01 vbupload9SQ85s
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 28 11:01 vbuploada0BF6Y
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 28 14:22 vbuploadXEqFPP
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 28 14:22 vbuploaduGutsW
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 31 09:47 vbuploadV0nC9l
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 31 09:47 vbuploadAarNS5
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 31 20:58 vbuploadSJThlA
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 31 20:58 vbupload7vOdEp
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 31 20:58 vbuploadOG173X
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Aug 31 20:58 vbuploadzkJYhu
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  2 22:10 vbuploadXR3U4U
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  2 22:10 vbupload1iUO2m
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  2 22:11 vbuploadMVDvBF
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  2 22:11 vbupload2w0oRu
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  3 07:13 vbupload0XoYJU
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  3 07:13 vbuploadlcbJRt
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  3 07:14 vbuploadOrO8Rl
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  3 07:14 vbuploadBK4hw8
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  3 07:45 vbupload1N8PBw
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  3 07:45 vbuploadZl5ByT
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  5 00:18 vbuploadXhHSBo
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  5 00:18 vbupload34NFS8
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  5 00:26 vbuploadBdxje2
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  5 00:26 vbuploadd9hkP5
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep  9 03:23 vbuploadfN7Zmv
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep 22 04:38 vbuploadNoGtce
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep 22 04:38 vbuploadCmhtp2
    -rw--w---- 1 apache apache 0 Sep 22 10:35 vbuploadjxoCzC
    -rw------- 1 apache apache 0 Oct  3 22:23 vbuploadGURxQW
    -rw------- 1 apache apache 0 Oct  3 22:23 vbuploadgVRkGB

Leave a comment:

• Sebas
    replied
    same problem for me with 3.8.4

Leave a comment:

• creativepart
    replied
    I have the same problem. I removed 86,000+ of these files today in a very laborious manual method via the shell. Seems there were so many that I couldn't simply delete them in my FTP client. And even the Shell could only handle a few thousand at a time without out a report of too many files.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    AFAIK the default vB code does not create those files. However if someone can provide the link to the code that does this then I would be glad to retract that statement.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Layman
    replied
    So VBulletin definitely creates these files. It is right in the core source code and findable with a simple search for vbupload. Maybe Steve can edit his statements above because they are definitely not true.

vbulletin will create files simlilar to this (vbupload* and vbthumb* with the userID and the current nix time making up the rest of the filename) when uploading or building thumbnails from files on another computer/site.

The reason that these files are all in your forum directory is that vb tries to get a directory to use from PHP's "upload_tmp_dir" php.ini file setting. PHP itself uses this setting, but if the value is blank, PHP falls back to the system's default temp directory. It doesn't look to me like vbulletin has this extra bit of logic built in.

So, it's my guess that what is happening is that, with upload_tmp_dir blank by default on many systems, these files are just going into the "current" php directory whenever those routines are called. And the "current" directory is the forum root in most cases. I cannot tell you why they are not deleted. Maybe it is because during the upload process the "current" directory changes to the final destination and then the delete command fails to find the original file.

upload_tmp_dir can only be changed from php.ini. So don't even investigate using ini_set. It would be great if vbulletin allowed you to specify a directory to use instead of upload_tmp_dir, but it doesn't.

We use NFS to replicate that directory across loads of servers. So we've now modified upload_tmp_dir to point to a tmp directory within that replicated directory. For most people, modifying php.ini and setting that variable to /tmp/ and restarting httpd should do the trick (be sure to remove the semicolon in the front of that line before saving).
    Last edited by Brian Layman; Wed 8 Jul '09, 4:19pm.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Layman
    replied
    We have them on Digital Photography Studio too. we had many (tens of?) thousands of the files. I can't imaging NFS appreciated it much. There were a bunch in a token directory as well. I hope to find the answer to this today. This is just a note to add this thread to my subscribe list, so I remember to go back to it.

(and in case anyone has found the solution in the mean time.)

Leave a comment:

• jimjam
    replied
    I got these mysterious files, look at the owner and an you will see that they are something to do with a vbadvanced mod. Do you have a mod showing album pictures on the vb page, if so, that is your culprit.

I have not found a solution, I just keep deleting them, its a pain but I want photos on the vba page so put up with it.

Leave a comment:

• mickknutson
    replied
    I just upgraded to 3.8 and just today, I started getting these files in my ./forum directory. They are are all zero byte length. What is the deal? ANy ideas?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X