X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BootsSiR
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232061

I found that mod to be stopping rss feeds on my forum.

Leave a comment:

• Baja
    replied
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm running into the same problem.

Feed source: http://www.opentrackers.net/rss/lastChanges.php (appears to be a valid feed based on validator.w3.org/feed/)

Manually executing "Run Scheduled Task Now" from within the RSS Feed Manager appears to run, but the "Last Checked" field remains empty even though I verified the feed was updated since the last execution. Manually executing the "Run Now" for the RSS Poster Robot scheduled task also appears to run, but the scheduled task log shows no entry for the robot and I verified the task was set to log.

I'm running 3.8.4 PL2 with about 150 users active at any given time. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this? The only thing I haven't tried is deleting the feed and recreating it.

EDIT: Just noticed this was a 3.7.x forum. Perhaps I should create a new thread in the appropriate forum. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fischman
    replied
    Are you sure it stopped working? If you're simply looking at the timestamp in the RSS Feed manager, it will show the last time something changed. It does not mean that the RSS Feed wasn't checked.

vB *should* indicate the last time it was checked as well as the last time something changed.

Leave a comment:

• phornixx
    replied
    Not working for me either... All the rss feeds stopped posting on july 2nd and no clue of what is wrong... I had to manually run them.

Please fix this...

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fischman
    replied
    Works fine for me. I have 3 feeds running, and all update regularly.

Leave a comment:

• tintin74
    replied
    Please, solve this issue Vbulletin staff, many people has this problem with rss feed manager. We cannot update daily the rss to post,please!

Leave a comment:

• DanaSoft
    replied
    Add me to this list; the schedule task runs but doesnt pick up anything. I have to click RESET, save for each of the feeds and then run the schedule task.

I am running 3.8.0 and have 2.4m page views per month - its not a traffic issue; the cron is running, but not picking anything up unless I reset the time.

Leave a comment:

• scottct1
    replied
    Mine stopped working on July 12th.

If someone couold figure out a way of automatically checking the "Reset Last Checked Time" box after each time the ./includes/cron/rssposter.php job runs it would solve all my problems.

Without this box check the scheduled task runs but pulls no RSS feeds, however by checking this box and clicking run task now it pulls them just fine everytime.

Hey vBulletin are you listening?

Leave a comment:

• tank
    replied
    Mine don't update either. 3.7.4

They were working and at some unknown time in the past they stopped.

Leave a comment:

• scottct1
    replied
    Ok something strange here...

Still not working even after upgrading to vBulletin 3.8 Beta 1

However I setup another vBulletin site on the same server and it is also running vBulleting 3.8 Beta 1 and its RSS feeds (the same RSS feeds) are working.

So its not the server if it was it wouldnt be working on the other vBuleting site on the same server...

It's also not the php files as those have all been replaced by vBulletin 3.8

Its also not the templates, as I have created a vbulletin default template and me and my staff have been using that template, and the cron has been running .

Just for whatever reason its not updating, I wish someone from vBulletin had some ideas on this as its a pain to run the RSS feed updates by hand 4 times a day.

Leave a comment:

• SIINSI
    replied
    Mine are not updating at all... What's the deal?

Leave a comment:

• Rik Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by aciurczak View Post
    I had the same experience. A couple hours after I posted above, suddenly things started working again. I had made the fix recommended in this bug report, but I can't see how that's related to the poster robot running or not.

Maybe my host changed something? Who knows...
    aciurczak:

Thanks for the link to that bug report/fix. I have additionally added that change to the rssposter.php file and its continuing to work for me. Hopefully, this is a real fix! -- Rik

Leave a comment:

• aciurczak
    replied
    I had the same experience. A couple hours after I posted above, suddenly things started working again. I had made the fix recommended in this bug report, but I can't see how that's related to the poster robot running or not.

Maybe my host changed something? Who knows...

Leave a comment:

• Rik Brown
    replied
    Shocked: It's finally working!

Interestingly, even though I haven't touched anything in the RSS feed manager for months, all of a sudden it just started working every 15 minutes as its supposed to do. I am totally shocked! Perhaps you just need to wait a few months for the configuration to take hold. -- Rik

PS: I did upgrade to vb 3.7.3 yesterday but the RSS feeds didn't start working until suddenly this afternoon. I'll advise if they stop again.

Leave a comment:

• aciurczak
    replied
    This issue has gotten worse for me, and after the latest update (3.7.3), there's still no resolution. At this point, my feeds aren't even running correctly by hitting them manually.

I've uploaded all new 3.7.3 files, ran the upgrade, and everything seems clean. I've reset the last run times for all of my RSS feeds (by blanking them out in the table), so last checked says "-" in the RSS Feed Manager.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rss feed manager.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	3671707

I disable all but one feed, and hit the "save enabled status" on the bottom, so there is only one feed enabled. When I hit the "Run Scheduled Task" button, it runs, it brings up the next page that says "RSS Feed Manager Done".

Click image for larger version

Name:	feed manager done.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	3671708

But when I go back the the Feed Manager page, the "Last Checked" time still says "-", and it seems like it hasn't really run anything. Any ideas?

Leave a comment: