How to: Private Forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Private Forums?

I am trying to create a "private forum", that unregistered guests can see - but are encouraged to "register' to get full access.

I created the forum , set permssions - but unregistered can't see it there at all. Then i set permissions so they can see the forum, but not the posts at all. (just looks like a blank forum)

How do others set these up, so users see a message to "register" when viewing... Right now, it just looks like a blank forum - no one would register becuase it looks like nohting is in there at all?

Any others experiences?

Any ideas? Apologize of this is a stupid question, or not in the right forum.

Comment

Put a message in the forum description that they have to register in order to view the contents of that forum.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X