Tagging Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagging Questions

I just enabled tagging on my forum, but I have a few questions.

I already have had some people trying to foul up the system by adding nonsensical tags. For example, someone added a tag for "monica lewinski" and another tag with just random letters to a thread about football.

Is there a way to tell who left the tags? Also can I restrict the ability to add tags to just certain groups?

Did not see this option, but you can create a new 'Suggestion' if noe not already been made.

Try this per group.
    Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup > Post / Thread Permissions

Comment

Originally posted by talkbolts View Post
      I just enabled tagging on my forum, but I have a few questions.

I already have had some people trying to foul up the system by adding nonsensical tags. For example, someone added a tag for "monica lewinski" and another tag with just random letters to a thread about football.

Is there a way to tell who left the tags? Also can I restrict the ability to add tags to just certain groups?
      Yes, click edit tags, hover over the tag and the username who left it is shown.

Add tags is a permission in forum permissions per user group

Comment

How can I make tags mandatory for OP?

Is there a way to make tags mandatory for the person starting a thread?

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment