Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just migrated and got hacked

Hello,

I migrated from SMF to Vbb last week(Tuesday) and got hacked the last night/today by a group called c4parana.

I imported everything from my smf 1.1.4 forum to Vbb 3.7.1 PL1.

It would be nice to know how to prevent this, cause as it seems now I got to run the migration again since I haven't run a backup of my new forums yet.

Thanks in advance.
    Alphagamer - The place to talk about computergames!!

Ok, it seems that a the group(or person) got himself Admin rights. I got a user with the same name as the group with admin rights... How could this have happened?

Comment

Ok, I found out that my admin user which I created during install of Vbb 3.7.1 PL1 got hijacked and that that user is used to perform the hack. So it was actually my existing 2nd admin user which name was changed

How could this be possible

Comment

1.) could be on your host.
        2.) do you have 777 folders?
        3.) remove your SMF forum. I think they are able to get your FTP thru SMF file system.

Comment

I don't think it's my host but changed pw's anyway.

I already took down my old forum a few days ago though I had a strange error on it the day before I took it down. Removed all files and db's connected to it.

I will check the 777 on my folders when I import it again

Still I hope the staff here can give an indication how it could have happened that my userid 1/admin user got hacked...

Comment

good... coz it happened to me.

take care.

Comment

Working...
            X