Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.7 broke my post thread dialog box (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7 broke my post thread dialog box (pic)

So I just got done with my upgrade from 3.6.8 to 3.7.1 - and everything seems to have gone off without any major hitches. In looking around though, I did notice that my dialog box/post/reply page is broken.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? Screenshot attached.
    Attached Files
    X-Runner Underground: www.xr-underground.com
    The Unforgiven: www.unforgivenpilots.com

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was really hoping that wouldn't work - but it did. Can you tell me which template controls that portion of the board? Perhaps I can simply revert that one template.

Comment

Probably newthread or newreply.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Probably newthread or newreply.
          First, thanks for your prompt help - I appreciate it.

That didn't work tho... I reverted both of those templates with no luck. Any other ideas off the top of your head before I dive into reconstructed the default template. My template actually doesn't have many modifications to the code - mostly all graphics changes. But it would still take a long time to update and test.

Comment

Your issue is caused by the number of smilies shown in the box to the right. You would either need to increase the number of columns shown for the smilies or reduce the number of smilies shown.

vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Interface Options.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Try reverting your headinclude template. That has some added code in it needed for the post editor.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                Try reverting your headinclude template. That has some added code in it needed for the post editor.
                THAT fixed it! THANK YOU Lynne!!

Comment

Working...
                X