Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading vb 3.5.4 to current release problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading vb 3.5.4 to current release problem.

I was trying to upgrade my forums from vb 3.5.4 to the current release now. I uploaded the upload folder and overwrote all of the files. Changed the config.php according to settings. Started the upgrade process and got stuck in a jam on:

install/upgrade_360b2.php?step=1

Getting the error vB_Database_Alter: fetch_table_info() has not been called successfully.

I've reupload the files two times and still getting the message. Not sure what to do here. Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by MixMakers View Post
    I was trying to upgrade my forums from vb 3.5.4 to the current release now. I uploaded the upload folder and overwrote all of the files. Changed the config.php according to settings. Started the upgrade process and got stuck in a jam on:

install/upgrade_360b2.php?step=1

Getting the error vB_Database_Alter: fetch_table_info() has not been called successfully.

I've reupload the files two times and still getting the message. Not sure what to do here. Any help is appreciated.
    I decided to skip this step and type in the url:

install/upgrade_360b2.php?step=2

Everything else seemed to work from there. I'm still mising adminlog though. Is there a way I can import that to sql by itself?

Comment

You should never skip steps, the issue was casued by the files not being properly uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        You should never skip steps, the issue was casued by the files not being properly uploaded.
        I reupload all the files 3 times and was still getting that message. Even made a test forum with fresh files (no overwriting) and still got that message.

Comment

Working...
        X