Changing Post / Thread Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Post / Thread Owner

I need to change the author of a thread, can I do that manually though the database or through the admincp?

If I do it through the database, I know I can change the member name, member ID, and member IP, in the post and thread tables. Then I could go in and reduce the post count by one for the one member and increase it by one for the other. Is there anything or anywhere else I need to change anything?
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road View Post
    If I do it through the database, I know I can change the member name, member ID
    Just change those two items in the thread table and post post table for any posts you want to change owner to.

Don't worry about the other items it really doesn't matter if the post count is off by a few who cares.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!!
      CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

I'd like to change the thread owner as discussed in the first post. But I'm no expert when it comes to editing database tables, is this option supported in the admin cp somewhere?

If no can someone let me know which database tables need to be edited and to what (short explanation really) so that I can have someone with more DB expertise give it a try?

Thanks in advance,

Flar

Comment

Originally posted by Flar View Post
          I'd like to change the thread owner as discussed in the first post. But I'm no expert when it comes to editing database tables, is this option supported in the admin cp somewhere?

If no can someone let me know which database tables need to be edited and to what (short explanation really) so that I can have someone with more DB expertise give it a try?

Thanks in advance,

Flar
          This modification works great: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=178208
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X