Reverting and Editing Templates.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverting and Editing Templates.....

I have purchased a template, and get free support, so every time there is a vBulletin update, I can get the newly updated skin/template as well - or simply apply the changes to the templates manually.

This is pretty simple enough to do.

However, I know within admincp, after an update it will show you which templates etc have changed. My questions are.....

1. How do you know whther its safe to revert or not??
    2. If changing some code is required, how do you pinpoint what needs to be changed etc??

As you can see, Im new to all this template coding stuff, but would like to know how to go about updating the templates etc manually myself in future.......

Thanks in advance.

1) You manually compare the two templates with the View History function. Mandatory template changes will be listed as such in a point release (3.7.X) announcement. The changes will also be listed in the release announcement most of the time.

2) The View History command will allow you to compare two versions of a template so you can see what is changed in the newer version.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X