Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverting to a defauly vb install, removing addons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Firestar.CHKN View Post
    Please explain to me what will be changed about them? Will user's lose their login information? Will posts/user records/pm's/etc be lost?

All search engine links can be lost. All external links to your website can be lost.

If you have never deleted anything from your forums then you shouldn't lose anything. If you deleted anything in the past then everything will have a different link.

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    Those will not be lost. However any existing links and google records will probably be.

Leave a comment:

• Firestar.CHKN
    replied
    Please explain to me what will be changed about them? Will user's lose their login information? Will posts/user records/pm's/etc be lost?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The normal way to do this is just uninstalling your addons.

There is no cleanup or anything else like that. You can however, though it is not recomended and not really supported, do a clean import via impex. This will change ALL of the userids, postids, threadids, in the entire database and there is nothing you can do to stop that from happening.

Leave a comment:

• Reverting to a defauly vb install, removing addons?

Hi Everyone,

I've got a heavily customised version of vb 3.6.3. I'd like to revert to a completely stock standard install, effectively removing all addons, all customisation, but keeping things like users, posts, threads, forums, etc.

Is there a way to do this?

I've attempted to do this with my current installation, and it's a bit messed up at the moment. Pretty much, I've uploaded all the files (deleting my previous installation's versions) and then just used my current DB and did an upgrade from vb 3.6.3 to the current 3.7.1.

However, some things in the back end is completely messed up at the moment. My forums was growing quite large, and therefore my server isn't coping any more. My forums therefore was starting to perform worse and worse. To the time where it took 7 - 10 seconds generating a page before it starts to display it. I wish to revert to a vanilla version, so that I can get a bit more performance out of my server.

So, in effect, is there some sort of database comparison tool, or cleanup script, that pretty much removes everything that's not part of a brand new install DB?

Thanks for any help.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X