X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rcwild
    replied
    Originally posted by LWS View Post
    If all settings are enabled for them.. im out of ideas Maybe one of the support team can offer more insite One good thing came from our efforts tho..your thread is still at the top! lol
    My solution-seeking process is 1. check the obvious on my own, 2. search these forums for an existing thread, 3. ask in a new thread. I'm stumped, but expecting one of the experts to point me to one of those "duh, that was too obvious" solutions.

Thank you for helping me keep my thread at the top.

Leave a comment:

• LWS
    replied
    If all settings are enabled for them.. im out of ideas Maybe one of the support team can offer more insite One good thing came from our efforts tho..your thread is still at the top! lol

Leave a comment:

• rcwild
    replied
    Seems implausible that users could have changed this setting. I installed 3.7.1 just two days ago. Most users don't even know the option exists yet.

I have checked my user admin panel for several users who don't have visitor messages showing up in their profiles. For each one the Enable Visitor Messaging is set to yes and the Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators is set to no.

The more of them I look at, the more confident I am that it is somehow tied to usergroups.

Leave a comment:

• LWS
    replied
    It may be those members have it disabled in their profile settings... you can can check this as admin.. by clicking edit profile when your on one of those profile not showing the visitor messages...of course..if this be the case..i would not change it.. but would perhaps make a post on how to enable it in their profile should they choose too..
    I have noticed some members on mine.. do not have the "about me" tab...when i checked..it was because they had not filled that section out ..

Leave a comment:

• rcwild
    replied
    Hmm.. I havnt noticed it on my forum... have you checked usergroup permissions?
    Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup ->

or is it not user group specific?
    Im new to Vb myself...so i prob cant help much
    Your replies are appreciated.

First thing I checked was usergroup settings. Under "Visitor Message Permissions" all radio buttons are set to yes for all user groups except banned and unregistered.

Leave a comment:

• LWS
    replied
    Hmm.. I havnt noticed it on my forum... have you checked usergroup permissions?
    Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup ->

or is it not user group specific?
    Im new to Vb myself...so i prob cant help much

Leave a comment:

• rcwild
    replied
    Im guessing..If they dont have an Album...or no groups set up..then there would be no reason for it to show..if they create one..it will then show..
    That occurred to me, too. Guessing they can see these options on their own profile page and I can't. That's logical.

But that doesn't explain why some users are missing the Visitor Messages. I'm seeing two types of profile pages. One type has tabs for Visitor Messages, About Me, Statistics, Friends and an expansion arrow for Infractions and Contact Info. The other type has tabs for About Me, Statistics, Infractions, Contact Info. Some have Statistics and About Me in reverse order.

Leave a comment:

• LWS
    replied
    Im guessing..If they dont have an Album...or no groups set up..then there would be no reason for it to show..if they create one..it will then show..

Leave a comment:

• rcwild
    replied
    Originally posted by rcwild View Post
    On my (admin) user profile page, I see boxes labeled mini statistics, friends, albums, group memberships and recent visitors. When I go to other users' profile pages, I only see mini statistics, friends and recent visitors. Is there a reason for this? Is there a setting somewhere to set defaults for which boxes are seen?
    Bump ??

There appear to be differences based on usergroups, but I still haven't figured out where to change the settings.

Quite a few member profiles (perhaps entire usergroups) do not have visitor messages on their profile pages.
    Last edited by rcwild; Thu 5 Jun '08, 5:33am.

Leave a comment:

• rcwild
    replied
    1. On my (admin) user profile page, I see boxes labeled mini statistics, friends, albums, group memberships and recent visitors. When I go to other users' profile pages, I only see mini statistics, friends and recent visitors. Is there a reason for this? Is there a setting somewhere to set defaults for which boxes are seen?
    Still hoping to get an answer for this question. Pulling my hair out trying to find a setting somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• rcwild
    replied
    2. Is there a list of social groups somewhere? During a search of the vBulletin forum I stumbled upon a comment about a link to social groups under Quick Links. It's not there on my forums.
    Figured this one out. Needed to revert the navbar template.

Leave a comment:

• rcwild
    started a topic Questions: Social Groups and User Profiles

Questions: Social Groups and User Profiles

Installed 3.7.1 last night. Everything seems to be working fine, but I have a few questions ...

1. On my (admin) user profile page, I see boxes labeled mini statistics, friends, albums, group memberships and recent visitors. When I go to other users' profile pages, I only see mini statistics, friends and recent visitors. Is there a reason for this? Is there a setting somewhere to set defaults for which boxes are seen?

2. Is there a list of social groups somewhere? During a search of the vBulletin forum I stumbled upon a comment about a link to social groups under Quick Links. It's not there on my forums.