Character Encoding Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Encoding Problem

Hello a few months ago i imported some language packs to vbulletin. these were not a complete success and it ended up screwing up up my site. Even now in places we have Czech labels on things in places. Someone who knows more than me managed to import via xml a new language pack but as mentioned we still had a few other languages dotted about the place in some phrases etc

anyhow and i dont know if this is related. Recently upgraded to 3.7.1 and now i cant get my website validated. I get an error of-

Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 3047 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.
    The error was: utf8 "\x96" does not map to Unicode
    line 3047 is-
    Code:
    <div style="white-space:nowrap">
    Ah ive just been told that the fella imported an ISO language file. that sounds like the prob posss eh? can anyone help me? Would reimporting a laguage pack sort it you think? whre do i get lkanguage packs? im a fully paid up memeber of vb

thanks

Just looking into this more. The standard lagiage Us english pack that vb lets me download is in ISO. also when i look in phpmyadmin our db seems to be using 'latin1_swedish_ci' in the collation coloum.

Could this be the problem?

thanks

edit: can anyone confirm wether i should be running my vb on utf-8 as i have been (with an iso pack) or as iso? i thought utf-8 was the way to go. My site is UK based. Thanks

http://www.thedailypunt.com/forum/

Comment

I just started getting this issue yesterday, and it is happening quite often now.
      Thank You...Mick Knutson

BLiNC Magazine Forums: "Everything you ever wanted to know about BASE-Jumping, but didn't know whom to ask."

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X