Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i move a forum to another website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YuOr
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
    Yah, that'd work too. I was under the impression that you wantted to keep your things (or move them), so I gave you those information

If you want to start from scratch, update your URL in member's area, download it again (if needed; IE: I've already deleted my download package), and setup as per normal
    Thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Yah, that'd work too. I was under the impression that you wantted to keep your things (or move them), so I gave you those information

If you want to start from scratch, update your URL in member's area, download it again (if needed; IE: I've already deleted my download package), and setup as per normal

Leave a comment:

• YuOr
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
    You can refer to this manual entry on how to move servers:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers

One thing you want to note is that you should change the domain in your Admin CP before the move, so it doesn't get confused and redirect you to the old domain when you're trying to login and what not.

Aside from that, don't forget to update your member's area's license informaiton to reflect the new domain, and delete the old domain once your move is confirmed complete -- so our anti-piracy team doesn't jump on you for multi-installs.
    Thank you!
    But the link you gave me - it says about moving databases etc...
    I don't need all that, as i didn't use the installed forum...
    Can i just download it again and install on a new website? And just delete the one i have now? Is it possible?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    You can refer to this manual entry on how to move servers:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers

One thing you want to note is that you should change the domain in your Admin CP before the move, so it doesn't get confused and redirect you to the old domain when you're trying to login and what not.

Aside from that, don't forget to update your member's area's license informaiton to reflect the new domain, and delete the old domain once your move is confirmed complete -- so our anti-piracy team doesn't jump on you for multi-installs.

Leave a comment:

• YuOr
    started a topic How do i move a forum to another website?

How do i move a forum to another website?

Hello everyone!
    I am sorry if this question was answered a billion times, just point me in the right direction then

i've purchased vbulletin because i wanted to have a forum connected to my e-store. I've installed the forum, registered a couple of users, posted 1 thread
    But now i've decided to make a separate forum, not connected to my website.
    Do i need to move the forum somehow? or just download it again and install? Change the info in my vbulletin account?
    thanks

ps
    i didn't upgrade to 3.7 yet
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X