X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index page not resolving from forums/

I have a weird problem.

Originally I installed to mysite.com/vb/

I did this to test the import system without altering the rest of my site.

After getting the import and install down smooth I decided to install vBulletin for real.

I installed it now to mysite.com/forums/

When i go to mysite.com/forums my website is taking me to mysite.com

But if I type in mysite.com/forums/index.php vBulletin comes up correctly.

Why doesn't the website know to display the index.php page when typing in the /forums/ directory?

Originally posted by pmoney79 View Post
    I have a weird problem.

Originally I installed to mysite.com/vb/

I did this to test the import system without altering the rest of my site.

After getting the import and install down smooth I decided to install vBulletin for real.

I installed it now to mysite.com/forums/

When i go to mysite.com/forums my website is taking me to mysite.com

But if I type in mysite.com/forums/index.php vBulletin comes up correctly.

Why doesn't the website know to display the index.php page when typing in the /forums/ directory?
    If you have index.htm or index.html or maybe default.htm your browser probably wants to display that page first, instead of index.php. If you uploaded vBulletin on top of your old software system, there might be some extra files out there. If you FTP into your site and see index.htm or .html, rename them (to -index.htm or something like that) and then see if it works.

Comment

I don't have any other index or default pages, I created this directory just before loading the vBulletin files.

Comment

Fixed, found an old .htaccess file in the site root specifiying that all /forums requests go to root folder.

delete this if you wish.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X