Reduce quote size in signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduce quote size in signature?

Is it possible to reduce the size / spacing quotes take in a members signature?
    As you can see this is ridiculous.

Originally posted by thestaton View Post
    Is it possible to reduce the size / spacing quotes take in a members signature?
    As you can see this is ridiculous.

I would love to know if this is possible also.

Comment

I've searched for 2 hours and still haven't come up with anything.

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea with you are asking. However have you tried looking at the Signature permissions in the Usergroup settings?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't understand the question. What are you trying to do?

Comment

Reduce the size of the quote box, reduce the size of the text. Basically shrink that mess in that screenshot I posted.

Comment

Reduce the size of the quote box, reduce the size of the text. Basically shrink that mess in that screenshot I posted.
              You need to edit the bbcode_quote template.

Play with the width: setting to adjust the width.

Also to use small fonts do this:

Code:
              <div style="font-style:italic" class="smallfont">$message</div>
              Last edited by Andy; Sat 31 May '08, 11:16am.

Comment

thanks. after you make those changes do you have to run a query? I am making changes and nothing is happening.

Comment

thanks. after you make those changes do you have to run a query? I am making changes and nothing is happening.
                  The changes happen immediately, no query running is required. Just refresh your screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    The changes happen immediately, no query running is required. Just refresh your screen.
                    hmmm... I made changes and nothing happened to the quotes in the sig they stayed the same.

Comment

hmmm... I made changes and nothing happened to the quotes in the sig they stayed the same.
                      The example I provided is for quoted text. If you want to change the text size in signatures that will require another template edit.

Your original post is very confusing. You mention wanting to change signatures but show quoted text.

Comment

Sorry, the image is for quotes in a users signature. So what I would like to do is decrease the size of the "framing" when a user puts a quote in their signature. As well as decreasing the size of the text in the quote while it's in a signature.

Basically I'd like to cut the framing & text size by 75%.

Comment

Sorry, the image is for quotes in a users signature. So what I would like to do is decrease the size of the "framing" when a user puts a quote in their signature. As well as decreasing the size of the text in the quote while it's in a signature.

Basically I'd like to cut the framing & text size by 75%.
                          Interesting. I have never seen a quote used in a signature before. I typically turn off signatures when viewing other forums. On my own forum I only allow members to use text and smilies, also the text is also set to small font.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X