Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stinger2
    replied
    i dont know if this is the same issue....but i also had this memory exhaust during search ........i cam to this thread and i followed steve machol's advice above which solved my problem (memory exhausted)

then i was checking few things today...it took my attention that the config.php i had was back from 3.5.0 ....never updated that one ....and i notice there are few changed regarding the memory...

so by updating the config.php and uploading the new one...i dont get the memory exhaust any more

i am not sure it is the same thing..but maybe it will help.

rgds

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Because ideally you will follow the rest of my suggestion and contact your host to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• conneva
    replied
    Steve,

Why do you consider changing the memory_limit in config.php to be a temporary fix?

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 32M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);

Leave a comment:

• 3.7.1 - Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xx bytes exhausted

I am also receiving the "memory exhausted" error in 3.7.1. In my case this appears to happen after a user clicks "post reply" or "post quick reply".

My specific error is:

Code:
    [B]Fatal error[/B]: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 
    19456 bytes) in [B]<path>/forum/includes/class_mail.php[/B] on line [B]835"[/B]
    I have very few plugins, but one that is in use sends instant email notifications to members who have chosen that notification method for forums or threads to which they have subscribed.

Mark
    Last edited by conneva; Thu 29 May '08, 12:16pm. Reason: Reformatted using "code" blocks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X