• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy View Post
    I agree, why bother with captcha.

Question & Answer Verification is the only thing that works.
    Because many of my members are not so technical, or they do not speak english fluently. Its easier for those who do not speak english fluently to comprehend what to do when they see recaptcha image verification then to try to answer questions.

This means I have to create questions that are easy to understand for all people worldwide visiting the site and registering.

Everyone has their own methods after all, so that is why I use recaptcha.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    They can deny it but the proof is in the fact that it stopped working when there were no changes on our end. You are free to report this in the Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by TravelSite View Post
    Switch to Question & Answer Verification. It is the best form of Human Verification in vBulletin 3.7 since it is now a build in feature.
    I agree, why bother with captcha.

Question & Answer Verification is the only thing that works.

Leave a comment:

• TravelSite
    replied
    Switch to Question & Answer Verification. It is the best form of Human Verification in vBulletin 3.7 since it is now a build in feature.

Leave a comment:

• Chad
    replied
    Well they deny it
    Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:56 PM
    To: Talk Jesus
    Subject: Re: Confirmation

That statement is completely incorrect. It's possible that there is a configuration issue in the specific vB setup, or that there is some sort of bug in the vB plugin. However, the reCAPTCHA code itself has been and is working just fine.

- Ben
    On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Talk Jesus <[email protected]> wrote:
    Please confirm this true

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273320

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It's a ReCaptcha problem, not vB.

Leave a comment:

• Chad
    replied
    Its broken as in them (Captcha) or Vbulletin bug?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you are using ReCaptcha, it is broken. Change to another verification method.

Leave a comment:

• Chad
    started a topic captcha problem

captcha problem

I just found this out, that when registering the Captcha is not working properly. I just upgraded to 3.7.1 and did not try prior to the upgrade otherwise. I overwrote all default vb files for sure and upgraded without errors.
    The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed.
    I've duplicated this at least a dozen times (word combos) on Firefox, IE and Opera.