Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    As for the original poster, the only thing I can suggest is determine the IP address of the person making the login attempts and block them at the server level using .htaccess.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    ...there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Why didn't I think of that?

Leave a comment:

• frombahrain
    replied
    Hello,

I am searching for this feature as well. I tried to look at the hack on vb.org and it is just work with 3.6.x.

if there is any other hacks doing the same job please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• cihangir
    replied
    If you mean the standard login form...
    Yes, i mean the standard login form.

I have already found a hack on the vbulletin.org, which only works with 3.6.x. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ighlight=login But is it not a general security issue, which to the responsibility of the vbulletin belongs? The script which spams us, seems to have scanned all the user names in the member list and i have over 10k+ users. I mean, when i have this problem, the other boards can have it too, maybe not today but in the next days.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Guest Login Form? I'm sorry I have no idea what that is. If you mean the standard logn form, then there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• cihangir
    replied
    Hallo Steve,

Human Verification Manager sytem gives only protection for the following parts:
    • Registrations
    • Guest Posts
    • Guest Searches
    • Guest Contact

I need this protection for the guest login form. The current one seems like:

User Name: ___
    Password: ___
    Remember Me?
    At the moment a script spams the login form using the existing user names. Login "Strikes" System is enabled and it prevents these accounts being used for the next 15 minutes as you know. Because of this problem some of my members can not login for the last 2 days.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Like this:

Admin CP -> vBulleitn Options -> Human Verification Manager

Leave a comment:

• Captcha or an an human verification option for the Login

We habe been attacked for 2 days and the users can not log in using their accounts. We need an human verification option for the login form. Or can you suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance.