visitor message question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor message question

If I enable visitor messaging (via admin cp) it seems to have automatically switched it on for all existing users by default.

Is there a way on having the feature switched on, but let my existing users decide to enable it themselves rather than automatically on. This is in regard to existing users only. For new users I can adjust the registration option so they can decide to switch it on or not.

I realise that existing users can go to their user CP and switch off, but was hoping there may be a way to set them automatically to off and then let my existing users decide.

Any help would be appreciated

Run this query to disable visitor messages for current users (backup first):

UPDATE user
    SET options = options - 8388608
    WHERE options & 8388608

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      Run this query to disable visitor messages for current users (backup first):

UPDATE user
      SET options = options - 8388608
      WHERE options & 8388608

Thank you, that worked perfectly

Comment

What would the query be to ENABLE for all users? I did an import and they're all disabled.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278870

Enable Visitor Messaging:
          On: UPDATE user SET options=options + 8388608 WHERE NOT(options & 8388608)
          Off: UPDATE user SET options=options - 8388608 WHERE options & 8388608

Restrict it to contact list:
          On: UPDATE user SET options=options + 16777216 WHERE NOT(options & 16777216)
          Off: UPDATE user SET options=options - 16777216 WHERE options & 16777216

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X