X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Grove
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirate4x4.Com View Post
    Cool, but how could we get it below the user's avatar, instead of above it?
    Edit your postbit or postbit_legacy template and put $post[userid] wherever you want it to show up.

Leave a comment:

• pirate4x4lance
    replied
    Originally posted by sockwater View Post
    Put the following code in a plugin on the postbit_display_start hook and enable it.
    PHP Code:
    $template_hook['postbit_userinfo_left'] = '<div class="smallfont">Member #' $post['userid'] . '</div>'
    Cool, but how could we get it below the user's avatar, instead of above it?

Leave a comment:

• David Grove
    replied
    Put the following code in a plugin on the postbit_display_start hook and enable it.
    PHP Code:
    $template_hook['postbit_userinfo_left'] = '<div class="smallfont">Member #' $post['userid'] . '</div>'

Leave a comment:

• gerber
    replied
    you mean like this?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• D. Thomas
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted's a Rat View Post
    I thought thats what you meant. Does anyone know if this can be done ?

Thank You
    I would like to do this too. It was a standard feature when we were a UBB forum, so it's surprising that VB apparently doesn't attach any importance to such a basic desire.

Leave a comment:

• Ted's a Rat
    replied
    I thought thats what you meant. Does anyone know if this can be done ?

Thank You

Leave a comment:

• wreckless
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted's a Rat View Post
    Thanks Falconking. I tried that but it just made the post template do exactly what it said it would do, changed it from a horizonal to vertical format. I changed it back.

I must be reading wreckless question wrong, because I thought they wanted to know if it's possible to put the member number (meaning "when" they joined as far as in what order they joined compared to others.) Not join date,,,etc, just their user number.

I went one step farther and wanted to know if it is possible to have this user number showing some where next to the user name.

Sorry for the mix up.
    No thats exactly what I was wondering. My members want to have their member numbers dispaly next to their ID..

Leave a comment:

• Ted's a Rat
    replied
    Thanks Falconking. I tried that but it just made the post template do exactly what it said it would do, changed it from a horizonal to vertical format. I changed it back.

I must be reading wreckless question wrong, because I thought they wanted to know if it's possible to put the member number (meaning "when" they joined as far as in what order they joined compared to others.) Not join date,,,etc, just their user number.

I went one step farther and wanted to know if it is possible to have this user number showing some where next to the user name.

Sorry for the mix up.

Leave a comment:

• falconking
    replied
    Sorry I was translating from a non-English version. Try this:

vB Options >>> Language and Style Settings >>> Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

Change it to Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Ted's a Rat
    replied
    Originally posted by falconking View Post
    Tell them to hover with their mouse over their userid. They'll see their member number in the status bar of iexplorer as you see in the attached.

Another way is to change the view of your board from the CP, so you can view more member info:

vB Options >>> Language and Style Settings >>> Thread and Post View

Change it to Yes.

I too am running 3.7, but when in the ACP I get to the Language and Style Settings & cannot find Thread and Post View
    so I can change it to Yes.

I agree with wreckless it would be WAY cool if the member # could be seen next to the users name. Is that possible ?

Leave a comment:

• falconking
    replied
    I think you can do that by enabling the 'member list' viewing from the cp. Then they can sort the list by 'join date' (see attached).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wreckless
    replied
    I was hoping to be able to possibly have it shown in their post so I dont have to go dig for their numbers. How about organizing the members page according to member number and not alphabetic. Would that be possible?

Leave a comment:

• falconking
    replied
    Tell them to hover with their mouse over their userid. They'll see their member number in the status bar of iexplorer as you see in the attached.

Another way is to change the view of your board from the CP, so you can view more member info:

vB Options >>> Language and Style Settings >>> Thread and Post View

Change it to Yes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wreckless
    started a topic Displaying Member Number

Displaying Member Number

My members are wondering who joined first and I cant find anywhere on how to display their member number in their posts or profile, is there a way? I did find if I right click on their name and do properties at the end of that line of code it looks to show a u-(place number here) which I think is their member number, but that does not help me display it.. Any suggestions? Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X