Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find user albums?

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to 3.7.0 - in large part because of the user albums available with it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to actually find the album anywhere now that I've upgraded.

I can find permissions for it in the AdminCP - have all album permissions (for admin and community members) enabled, have "view member info" enabled, but cannot seem to find anything related to the user albums anywhere outside of the adminCP.

My website address is http://www.tribeguild.info . If there's any other information I can help you with please let me know!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Timothy

To create a new style, click the [Add New Style] link underneath the main body of the Style Manager.

This will bring up the Add New Style interface.

You can also revert CSS in the large addition box. Down a copy of style prior to reverting anything.
    - Download your style(s) onto your computer

See if this works or you may have to do one other thing....

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
      To create a new style, click the [Add New Style] link underneath the main body of the Style Manager.

This will bring up the Add New Style interface.

You can also revert CSS in the large addition box. Down a copy of style prior to reverting anything.
      - Download your style(s) onto your computer

See if this works or you may have to do one other thing....
      Thank you for posting, and I'm sorry, but I don't see how this solves my problem? I see album templates already in my default style. I want users to be able to access albums.

Thanks again,
      Timothy
      Attached Files

Comment

edit / update:

So, I looked at the URL for photo the photo album on this form, and tried matching it on mine, and the album is there and seems to work, which leads me to a different question:

How do I go about getting a link to user albums to show up in user profiles? Right now they are not.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271251

Comment

Hi, thanks for the link - i read it and already had that done.

Yet, here is my UserCP - no link to the album anywhere.

Any other ideas?

Thanks much!

Comment

Try the default style.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                Try the default style.
                I suddenly get the feeling that the individual I hired to design my site did not do a good job. I have only one style... the default one.

Comment

Thats just named it, but not the default style.

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > [Add New Style]

Give it a name, save, switch to it, see if the same problem occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    Thats just named it, but not the default style.

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > [Add New Style]

Give it a name, save, switch to it, see if the same problem occurs.
                    hahahah well, that broke all sorts of other stuff, but the photo album works when i use the default style!

Thanks for your help. :-)

Any chance you can point me in the right direction to get it working in the style we use? Is there a template I should copy somewhere or something?

Sorry... I know I'm new to this. Thanks so much for your patience.

Comment

Having similar trouble with One of My Sites as well. 1 Works Perfect and shows the

Quick Stats
                      Friends
                      Albums
                      and a Message Windows...
                      in the Members Profile,

The Other shows nuttin....

Both are using custom Skins(different Ones) and Permissions have been set the same...

So is there a specific change or Addition we need to do to enable these features on all Styles...

Thanks Any or all help would be appreciated...
                      Tom

Comment

This is happening because MEMBERINFO and USERCP_SHELL templates are modified in those styles. You'll have to either revert the templates (which erases any modifications done to the templates) or select "View Original" and thus edit it yourself.

There is also a very helpful tool in vBulletin when you upgrade. Go to the admin control panel's home and you'll see a notice on a certain number of templates. vBulletin lists the template that have become updated since the last version, and can help you identify not only what templates needs to be looked at, but as well as comparing the modified one to the new default one; with coloring that stats what's missing, what's changed, and what is no longer used.

If you feel uncomfortable with this, then have whomever modified the template to fix this for you.

Originally posted by xTerMn8r View Post
                        Having similar trouble with One of My Sites as well. 1 Works Perfect and shows the

Quick Stats
                        Friends
                        Albums
                        and a Message Windows...
                        in the Members Profile,

The Other shows nuttin....

Both are using custom Skins(different Ones) and Permissions have been set the same...

So is there a specific change or Addition we need to do to enable these features on all Styles...

Thanks Any or all help would be appreciated...
                        Tom
                        My post applies to your case as well. It works in one custom style because that style doesn't have certain templates modified, while the other does.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X