Scheduled Task Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Task Timing

In testing 3.7.0 I have found that scheduled tasks set to run once per minute do not run that often. There doesn't seem to be a set time for execution of these frequent tasks.

Is there another setting I haven't found that will allow once a minute tasks to run once a minute?

Thanks.

What is it that you have that needs to run that often.

Comment

There is no option to set scheduled tasks to run once per minute.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Scheduled Task Timing

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        There is no option to set scheduled tasks to run once per minute.
        If a task is set to all stars for Day of the Week, Day of the Month, Hour and Minute then it runs once a minute.

Comment

Scheduled Task Timing

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
          What is it that you have that needs to run that often.
          I have instant email installed and a cron job that throttles email sends at 60 per minute.

My site is a public safety alerting system.

Comment

Again, there is no option in vB to set scheduled tasks to run once per minute.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
              Again, there is no option in vB to set scheduled tasks to run once per minute.
              Steve, I thought that was true also. However, I just noticed you can set the minute to *.
              Minute
              This is the minute of the hour the task should run. Set it to * to have it run every minute (not really recommended!).
              ? to the OP:
              Do you have an active forum? The Scheduled Tasks only get run if someone is clicking on links in your forum. They get triggered by the $cron in your footer template. So, if no one is on your site, they don't get triggered. If this is a cron job your wrote yourself and you need it to run every minute, perhaps you should run it through your server cron jobs.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hmmm...so you are right. My bad.

Scheduled Tasks are triggered by code in the footer template, so if you have modified this template or added code to other templates it may interfere with the running of the tasks. Also if there is no activity on your forums, the task won't run. You would have to have constant activity on you site for a scheuled task to run every minute, and even then it's unlikely to happen because only one ctask is run per click on the forums.

I'd be very concerned about how running a task every minute would affect you forums and server. I'm sure that is why the Devs said (not really recommended!).

Steve Machol Photography

Comment