Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete private message spam to all users

Hi,

I had someone successfully register on my site who sent a private message to all members of the site. I've taken care of the user but would now like to delete all the PM's she sent.

Is there a way I can delete all the PM's she sent, and only those PM's that she sent?

Thanks

Did you delete the user or just ban them? If you just banned them, then you can delete all the PMs from that user in Users > Search for Users > enter username > then from the Quick User Links drop-down, select Delete All Users Private Messages.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Head over to Admin CP and find the account's profile, and under "Quick User Links" there's an option to delete all PM sent by that person.
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

Thanks! Just what I was looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
          Head over to Admin CP and find the account's profile, and under "Quick User Links" there's an option to delete all PM sent by that person.
          I just did "Delete private messages sent by user" for a user, but I still see them in the pmtext table, is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by SolidSlug View Post
            I just did "Delete private messages sent by user" for a user, but I still see them in the pmtext table, is that normal?
            Yes that is normal. A cron will delete those orphaned pmtext in an hour or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Yes that is normal. A cron will delete those orphaned pmtext in an hour or two.
              Thanks Andy!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X