Posting notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting notices

I am setting up some notices to say "Happy Birthday" and congratulate people for reaching post milestones. I was testing to see if notices are working so I set up one that said

This is a test

I made it Persistant and set it to appear to Administrators only. It should show up only to me but it isn't. I didn't use any html, I just typed the text in this section:

Notice HTMLThis is the HTML that will be shown to visitors when the conditions set below are met.
    Did I do it wrong, do I need some code other than the text?

What are the exact settings you are using? Do you have any modified templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Notices manager: "Toggle active status for all" box is ticked.

Active and Persistant boxes are ticked.

I have not purposely modified any templates but I have some hacks like the Inferno Shoutbox, Welcome Panel, Separate stickies. My styles are only custom colours, the basic layout isn't changed.

I set it to display only to admins. I am the only admin on my board.

Comment

OK, I think what is happening is that the Shoutbox and Welcome Panel alterned my Navbar template when I uploaded the products-I didn't do anything myself. So what I think I have to do is add the code that enables the Notice to appear in the Navbar. There is an option to revert it but if I do that, I will lose the Shoutbox and Welcome Panel (I think).

Is this the code that does that? And if so, where do I put it so it can work with the Shoutbox and Welcome Panel?

<if condition="$show['notifications']">
        <div><span id="notifications"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[your_notifications]:</a> <strong>$notifications_total</strong></span></div>
        <script type="text/javascript"> vBmenu.register("notifications"); </script>
        <else /><if condition="$show['pmstats']">
        <div><phrase 1="$vbphrase[unread_x_nav_compiled]" 2="$vbphrase[total_x_nav_compiled]" 3="$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[private_messages_nav]</phrase></div>
        </if></if>

Comment

Still looking for answer if this is the code that makes the Notices show up. Anyone know?

Comment

Place this in the navbar styles/templates that do not contain the word notices (no code installed for displaying notices).

First search the navbar template/style for the word "notices". If you do not find it, add the following code to this template to enable the notices function;

Code:
            <if condition="$show['notices']">
             <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
             <tr>
              <td class="thead">$vbphrase[notices]</td>
             </tr>
             <tr>
              <td class="alt1">$notices</td>
             </tr>
             </table>
             <br />
            </if>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X