Moving Forums Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Forums Help

Ok yes I know I've searched and read the docs plenty trust me. I now need to talk to a human. Because I'm stuck and I don't see how I can do it.

I have a forum at rooturl,com. It's a 3.5.x forum. It was a partner deal and he has since left. I now have bought my own vB and have installed 3.7 on rooturl,com/forums/ OK how can I transfer the database from my old forums to the new one? I have my reasons for doing it this way.

So, i've got 2 diff. databases now (obviously). I also will have less plugins as I know I don't need everything I used to have. I pretty much just need the threads and posts (about 10K posts). I have been using vbPlaza and people have "bought" items for themselves but I can take care of that with just giving people "points" instead of trying to move that information.

Any help is appreciated and if some one is willing to hit me up on e-mail or aim that'd be cool too.

you will use the import system that you download in the members area.

Comment

Could some one help me out and explain a little more. That ImpEx system seems scary.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X