Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul J. McCain
    replied
    Thank you very much, that's the culprit! Checked another member with "strange" characters in the username, and theirs didn't work either. I have a "." in my name, which is messing it up.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Chroder
    replied
    It is redirecting to another URL. You have vBSEO installed, are you sure that is not the culprit? Try disabling vBSEO so you know for sure.

I would suggest editing the vBSEO rewrite rule for profiles to include the userid (i.e., make it id-username.html). If you have a user with special characters (i.e., [email protected]# etc) then vBSEO makes them both have duplicate URLs because it strips out the special characters. "@[email protected]" and "John" both become "john.html". (at least it used to be this way, I don't know if they changed it)

For your avatar issue, I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Paul J. McCain
    started a topic Admin's Profile and Avatar not Working!

Admin's Profile and Avatar not Working!

Hello,

I searched a bit but couldn't find anything pertaining to this. I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, or something of that sort- this is my first post here looking for support.

I just upgraded to 3.7 and this might or might not be related to that, I am not sure.

MY FORUM

All other members can edit, change, store avatars fine. But I cannot edit my avatar. It is stuck on the "VBULLETIN" default image.

When users try to view my profile, they get the message:
    This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.
    All new members and old members' profiles are viewable, it is just mine that is malfunctioning. It is confusing my very much because it seems like it just stopped working properly around the time I upgraded to 3.7.

Any help is much appreciated, I'd like members to be able to see my profile and information.

Thanks,
    Paul
    GenesisBK.com