Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird WYSIWYG editor background problem after upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird WYSIWYG editor background problem after upgrade.

Everything else after the upgrade worked fine; but i've found i have abit of a weird wysiwyg problem (see attached) where the grey panel which is usually surrounding the wysiwyg edit has vanished, and when i mouse over the wysiwyg buttons, they move slightly to the right on mouse over state (i presume this is a padding issue?)

Now i've never had an editor plugin or product installed what so ever, and have never even touched the editor template?

Anyone else experience the same problem, and could tell me how to fix it?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    My Bingo Crazy Forum

If this is the bug I'm trying to manage, your font drop-down must to not work. And Firebug reports nothing (the menu appears without any content).

I've occured this bug on a forum, I've made a diagnostic, and the problem comes from the style (there is no problem with a unmodified style).

Maybe you should try with this.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
      If this is the bug I'm trying to manage, your font drop-down must to not work. And Firebug reports nothing (the menu appears without any content).

I've occured this bug on a forum, I've made a diagnostic, and the problem comes from the style (there is no problem with a unmodified style).

Maybe you should try with this.
      The font problem may get fixed by reverting your headinclude template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I've made a mistake, i didn't want to say font dropdown menu but color dropdown menu (but I think the fix is the same).

I'll follow this thread for the possible fix to apply to this type of problem for any future reference

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

I've made a mistake, i didn't want to say font dropdown menu but color dropdown menu (but I think the fix is the same).

I'll follow this thread for the possible fix to apply to this type of problem for any future reference
          Whoops, I thought you meant color, not font, so I guess we were both on the same page anyway. (It's a common error after this upgrade with users forgetting to revert that template and ending up with that problem.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Your right, the colour drop down doesn't work; but the font dropdown does - and firebug isn't reporting any errors :S

Originally posted by U2Lynne View Post
            The font problem may get fixed by reverting your headinclude template.
            Yeah your right, reverting the headinclude template fixed it. - thats really weird as i hadn't made any modifications to the head include template lol Thanks alot though!
            Last edited by jwoody; Thu 8th May '08, 1:04am.
            My Bingo Crazy Forum

Comment

The fix is to add this missing code in your 'headinclude' template:
              HTML Code:
              <if condition="$show['editor_css']">
              $editor_css
              </if>

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

very helpful tip and fixed my problem...

thank you for your support.

Comment

HTML Code:
                  $editor_css
                  </if>
                  You are a life saver.

Comment

HTML Code:
                    $editor_css
                    </if>
                    So Good. Thanks a lots!

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for the help in this thread, it help me fixed my problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X