Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having Issues Moving vBulletin Over To A New Host...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    That means either the connect info in the command is wrong (host, user, pass, database name), or the user doesn't have permission to connect to that database. Your host should be able to resolve this in either case.

Leave a comment:

• HabboHut
    started a topic Having Issues Moving vBulletin Over To A New Host...

Having Issues Moving vBulletin Over To A New Host...

Hi,

Not a problem with vBulletin perse, but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum to post this in.

I'm trying to move vBulletin over to a new host. I've got a MySQL dump gzipped on my new webserver, but when I try and dump it into the database via shell, I get this error:

Access denied for user 'boards'@'***.***.com' (using password: YES)

I get this error not only with trying to dump the database in, but also simply trying to connect to MySQL via shell (using the command: "mysql -u *** -p*** -h ***.****.com boards"). I haven't got a response from my host in the last hour, and I really need to get this fixed immediately. Any ideas as to what could be causing this error? The MySQL user has full access priviledges (with the exception of CREATE DATABASE), so I don't think it's anything related to permissions in that regard.

Thanks in advance
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X