Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change a link in the navbar?

I am using 3.7.

I did a search, but I am not finding anything that's working.

Basically I want to change "New Posts" to something else and of course it will point to a new location.

To be exact, I want to change "New Posts" to "Social Groups" and have it point to 'http://forums.nonewbs.com/group.php'

I did try to follow this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108961, but it's either not for 3.7 or I just suck.
    Last edited by DISLEX; Sun 4 May '08, 9:40pm.

That thread shows how to add a new link which is what you want. Then to remove the "New Posts" link you need to remove the red code below:

Code:
    <!-- nav buttons bar -->
    <div class="tborder" style="padding:$stylevar[cellspacing]px; border-top-width:0px">
    	<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    	<tr align="center">
    		<if condition="$show['member']">
    			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
    		</if>
    		<if condition="$show['registerbutton']">
    			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="register.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[register]</a></td>
    		</if>
    		$template_hook[navbar_buttons_left]
    		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="faq.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="5">$vbphrase[faq]</a></td>
    		<if condition="$vboptions['enablememberlist']">
    			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="memberlist.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[members_list]</a></td>
    		</if>
    		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>
    		<if condition="$show['popups']">
    			<if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
    				[color=red]<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>[/color]
    				<else />
    				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
    				</if>
    				<td id="navbar_search" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[search]</a> <if condition="$show['quicksearch']"><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); </script></if></td>
    			</if>
    				<td id="usercptools" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="$show[nojs_link]#usercptools" accesskey="3">$vbphrase[quick_links]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("usercptools"); </script></td>
    			</if>
    		<else />
    			<if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
    				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4">$vbphrase[search]</a></td>
    				[color=red]<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>[/color]
    				<else />
    				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
    				</if>
    			</if>
    			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td>
    				<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">$vbphrase[open_contacts]</a></td>
    			</if>
    		</if>
    		$template_hook[navbar_buttons_right]
    			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="login.php?$session[sessionurl]do=logout&amp;logouthash=$bbuserinfo[logouthash]" onclick="return log_out('$vbphrase[sure_you_want_to_log_out]')">$vbphrase[log_out]</a></td>
    		</if>
    		</tr>
    	</table>
    </div>
    <!-- / nav buttons bar -->

Comment

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="URL">LINKED TEXT</a></td>

I'm trying to create a link to a forum (within my site), from the Navbar. The text shows on Navbar but no matter how I format the link, it will show a blank page (The webpage can't be found), when I click on the text on Navbar.
      Can someone post an example as how the link should look like? Let's say that I want to link a button on the Navbar to the forum "The Members Lounge".
      Thanks.
      Last edited by art99; Sat 10 May '08, 6:37pm.

Comment

The URL part is just a regular http link. For example:

http://www.vbulletin.com/

Comment

Thanks Jake.
          This didn't work though. See, the forum is in the same site. Let's say, the name of my site is: mysite.com and in its forum index I have a bunch of different forums and subforums. One of the forums is "The members lounge". I like to create a link on navbar to point to that forum. This way, members won't have to scroll down to find that forum, just click on its link on navbar. (Something like "Jump to"). So, how would it be in this code:
          <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="URL">LINKED TEXT</a></td>

Thanks.
          Last edited by art99; Sun 11 May '08, 12:14am.

Comment

Anyone, please?

Comment

Link to Forum in Navbar

Art,

Just use your browser to open the forum you want to link to and copy the address from the address bar. Then paste that address into your code where you have "URL" and it will work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X