Unknown code showing up above thread in showthread.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown code showing up above thread in showthread.php

I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. When I click a post from the forum home and am taken to something like /showthread.php?p=67049#post67049, I get the following code displaying just above the forum.

Code:
    -1)) { fetch_object('currentPost').scrollIntoView(true); }">
    I have also attached a screenshot.
    Attached Files

# template: SHOWTHREAD
    # Search in Template (IE & FF) [ -1)) { fetch_object('currentPost').scrollIntoView(true); }"> ]

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I have searched for this text and it doesn't come up anywhere?

Here is a living example. http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...7316#post67316

Comment

1. Try uploading original vBulletin version 3.7.0 non-image files in ASCII(Auto) mode (except install.php) to overwrite those on server
        2. You can just try this to see if you have any files that do not belong or have not been overwritten from an upgrade.
          Admin Control Panel > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

3. To disable the plugin/hook system completely without accessing the Admin CP options, you need to edit includes/config.php and add the following code after <?php in the next empty line:
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

I would disable all modification first and see if that fixes the problem temporarily, then if not do the instructions above.

Comment

Cool. Looks like it has to do with my vbcmps. Will investigate there.

Comment

The problem appears to be this line from the source of the output:

Code:
            <body onload="if (document.body.scrollIntoView && (window.location.href.indexOf('#') == -1 || window.location.href.indexOf('#post') [COLOR=red]>[/COLOR] -1)) { fetch_object('currentPost').scrollIntoView(true); }">
            Check the character marked red in the line above, it ends the body tag.

I found it by validating a page from the vbulletin.com forum over at w3.org, test link below:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
            Last edited by modrobert; Wed 30 Apr '08, 4:41am.

Comment

This seems to be a bug in the vbulletin javascript code, can't find it in any templates.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X