Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you easily moderate profile comments and album comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you easily moderate profile comments and album comments?

How does a board Admin effectively monitor all profile comments and all album comments? Surely he can't be expected to visit all the profiles and albums of all the users each and every day to read the individual comments.

Is there anyway to view all profile/album comments in one consolidated list, so you can quickly see all the new comments that are being posted no matter what user it is associated with?

User CP -> Moderated Items

This is a section in the left column.

Comment

Hey Jake,

Wouldn't that only be usable though if Visitor Messaging and Album Comments are set to "Await Moderation" in vB Options?

I would like to allow these messages to be posted freely without prior moderation, but without some sort of page that I can view all the consolidated visitor comments and album comments, kinda like the "New Posts" section, it just isn't feasible for an Admin to cover his bases with these areas. Thanks for your help and advice.

Comment

Yes, those areas only show moderated posts. I don't know of any place to view all of those posts in one location if they are not moderated.

You can allow users to manage visitor messages in their own profile:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Manage Messages within Own Profile

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X