Professional Upgrade Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Upgrade Questions

I'm currently running version 3.6.5 which I installed myself just over a year ago. I also have a Photopost Gallery integrated with my site which I had professionally installed. I've been too chicken to try to upgrade myself and still am. My questions:

1. Will the Professional Upgrade mess with my Photopost integration or is that even an issue? If it's not functioning correctly after the upgrade I'm afraid I won't be able to troubleshoot the problems myself. This has been the main reason I haven't upgraded at all.

2. Will I have any template issues to deal with? Mainly I have a simple banner ad mod on that I'm not too worried about but just curious if I'll have to fix that.

3. If there is a patch released after a Professional Upgrade will I have to deal with that on my own? I figure I'll wait a couple more weeks before upgrading any way....just in case.

question one is for the photopost support team to answer. We didn't write their code for the integration and have no idea if it would mess it up. Check with them to see if the version you run is compatible with 3.7.0 gold.

2. Yes, some templates might require a revert since there have been quite some changes between your version of 3.x and 3.7.0 gold. You may have to re-apply some of the customizations after the revert to use them again.

3. Yes, even after a professional upgrade by or done by yourself, if yet another version (upgrade or patch) gets released you can apply this upgrade or patch update yourself.

Comment

Thanks Floris. I checked the Photopost forum and it looks like the upgrade doesn't effect the Photopost Gallery so I think I'm good!

Comment

I just upgraded from 3.6.8 to 3.6.9 to 3.6.10 in the last few days. All of a sudden new members who register in my forum aren't being recognized in photopost. I'm getting mysql errors & they are being denied access to galleries & are unable to upload photos.

And now, 3.7 is available ... I'll never get any sleep. What a mess!

Comment

again, this is not a problem with vbulletin, but photopost being unable to work well with vbulletin.

Comment

Doesn't 3.7 have a photo gallery?

Comment

It has User Album, not a full-fledged gallery.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X