Please help me install my forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
    I have a sql database set up and i entered login info into config.php. But for my server i put local host.......should i change it to my sites address?
    yes that should or may work, the information should be in where you add your database in what to put in your config.php to replace localhost.

if not just write out a support ticket at your host or email then and ask.
    Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

Comment

well.. seems like asking what he's done and needs to do, is not working.
      May I suggest that Reaper give someone access to his site, so that he can be helped.

I can do it, if Reaper needs me too.
      sigpic

Comment

You need to upload all the files, as you do not have several folders and that is why it does not work.

I see that you are missing folders: install, modcp, singaturepics and do not know if you are missing any other files.

Comment

I just edited the config.php file and deleted the old files and re uploaded them all. I might have been taking them off when you were looking at my site, can you check again jose? Thank you

Comment

You are still missing several folders... and all you have is what you have shown in that pictuce of yours. See attach image forum the directoies you are suppose to have.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	vb_folders.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	3671261

Comment

ok im gonna try using ws ftp now because wise ftp kept stopping and leaving alot of folders out. so far it looks like its working better than wise ftp did

Comment

i hate using ftp clients to install a forum, file legacy manger in your cpanel rules man lol.
                upload - unzip - edit - install - done
                Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

Comment

ok jose, i re uploaded them all and now install.php and the install folder are there but when i type in install/install.php i get a page cannot be found error

Comment

This means that either you are not using the correct URL, or the install.php file is not in that directory.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i am using http://www.mysite.com/forum/install/install.php
                      i named the upload folder forum and i can see install.php in the install folder in my ftp file list. I dont know why it wont work

Comment

It won't work for the reasons I posted.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the install.php file is in the install folder. And i cant see anything wrong with the web address so i dont know where to go from here

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

do i need to close my ftp program and activate my frontpage extensions for it to work? cause i have done everything by the book. I changed my servername to example='mssql49504.1and1.com';

Comment

No, vB does not use Frontpage.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X