Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me install my forum

Hello,
    I am trying to install my forum on my site and i have gone through all of the manual so far following it step by step but i cant get to my directory.
    Here is a picture of how it is uploaded on my ftp site

Now whenever i go to my site and enter http://www."mysite".com/forums/install/install.php I see it loading in the menu bar and then just take me to a white screen
    no install script login appears.
    How can i fix this because i really want to get my forum going.

Thank you

im guessing you have edited the config.php?
    Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

Comment

yeah i already edited the config file

Comment

i hope someone else has some ideas, if not pm me ya msn or something, i will help you out, i run a host of my own so im installing a fair few boards a lot for customers.
        if you have a Cpanel/file manger i will have it installed in no time.

anyway let me no if you need a hand, if not i hope someone can help you out, good luck.

Comment

You uploaded into FTP folder? you should have a folder named: public_html or httpdocs

What type of FTP Client are you using, as I can give you a video tutorial link for you or you can select it yourself.
          http://www.demodemo.com/tutorials_ftp.html

Comment

Thanks for all the help jaycob. If i cant figure it out soon i will definitely pm you. I dunno if it helps at all but when i enter http://www.mysite.com/forums i get the parent directory so i know its there but for some reason the install part wont work.

It looks like this

Comment

I am using wise ftp and ws ftp as my clients

Comment

silly question, but did you pay for the domain through the host you are with?
                like what im saying the nameservers are pointed to your server right yeah?

as again sorry for what maybe a silly question.

Comment

Its ok. No question is a stupid question. yeah i bought the domain through the same company that i am hosting it from.

Comment

That can take 1 hour to 72 hours, but you should be able to run install/install.php. You did create a database for your forum and enter the information into config.php?

Comment

Please download and run this script if you have not already done so.
                      The script will evaluate your setup and tell you which part is not up to par for running vBulletin satisfactory.
                      Toddler from Hell

Comment

I have a sql database set up and i entered login info into config.php. But for my server i put local host.......should i change it to my sites address?

Comment

If you have godaddy, then you would enter something like this into that field.

p41mysql45.secureserver.net.

Comment

I am using 1and1, will p41mysql45.secureserver.net still work?

Comment

No, that is an example. You are not gettin any errors at all? Is it possible to private message the link to your site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X