Problem linking pictures in 3.7 Rc3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem linking pictures in 3.7 Rc3

Ok, it's probably a quick answer, but I'm having problem linking to photos (that are store in ..\photopost" ) that is on the same forum that I'm using...

example.

I'm trying to link to a picture on photopost called:
    http://www.ozaudi.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=813

so, I click on the insert Image button and just paste in the above http address...

Is this the correct way, or am I missing something?

Yes, that is the correct way. However, you will need to make sure that you have dynamic images enabled here:

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Posting & Editing Options > Allow Dynamic URL for [IMG] Tags > Yes

Comment

thanks for your help, but I don't seem to have that option...checked all the options, but no dynamic tag link anywhere...

Comment

oooops - yeah. I forgot it had been removed.

Anyway, the most likely cause of this is something in your photopost settings. You will need to contact them for support with this.

Comment

We just upgraded to v3.7.0 at our site and I noticed that this setting was now gone. It seems dynamic URLs work inside the [IMG] tag natively in 3.7.0, but it only works for [IMG] tags in the post body - it won't work if the [IMG] tag is in the signature area.

Strange part is, it will work in the signature area in v3.6.8.

Is this by design? We have several gamers at our forum, and they want to display dynamic banners containing server usage statistics (# of players, uptime, etc) in their signature, and some change in 3.7.0 seems to have killed this.

I didn't want to create a new thread (since this is related), hope that's not a problem.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No problem Steve, and done (link to new thread for future searchers)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X