rss feed problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rss feed problem

Can anyone help me getting a feed working?

seems none of the RSS feeds from craigslist are working... I'm getting this error:

Warning: Unable to fetch RSS Feed in [path]/includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 228

Can anyone help?

thanks

Would you have the RSS FEED link that is causing that problem. I like to test that link on my test site.

Comment

http://columbus.craigslist.org/w4m/index.rss

doesn't seem like any craigslist feeds work tho

Comment

Ok, maybe I should not have ask for the link.... I should of ask what is suppose to be within threads information.

Is this the only feed you have or do you have more. I got it to work on my end and wonder if is just your host side...

Comment

hmmm... nothing special in the configuration... just selecting all the defaults except the forum and poster and ive tried various different combinations ... also capped at 15 posts

what options did you select within add new feed to get it to work?

Comment

also what version are you using? im using latest rc

RSS Poster Robot

Warning: Unable to fetch RSS Feed in [path]/includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 228

Unable to open URL or no data returned

Comment

I am still using Beta 5... it still has issues, but should of been resolved by now... Want to upgrade, but I am going to wait for 3.7.1 or higher.

Comment

Well this is a new install of rc3... brand new site nothing upgraded... figured I would start with the latest and greatest...

is this an rc3 problem then?

Comment

so no one know why this might be happening? im pulling my hair out here with this RSS stuff

Comment

can no one from vbulletin help with my issue? what do we pay for if no one from support can help?

do i need to create a ticket or something?

Comment

I just tried it out on my 3.7 beta2 and it worked just fine. Perhaps you can give us screencaps of what you have input in the RSS manager for this feed.

Is your site online? Perhaps you have the feed blocked somehow?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by U2Lynne View Post
                        I just tried it out on my 3.7 beta2 and it worked just fine. Perhaps you can give us screencaps of what you have input in the RSS manager for this feed.

Is your site online? Perhaps you have the feed blocked somehow?
                        I don't get it...

I have many other RSS feeds going just fine but nothing from craigslist is working....

http://www.solemind.com is the site... all other feeds are working except this one...

oh and I did have feed enabled (shows it off in screenshot)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nferreri View Post
                          also what version are you using? im using latest rc

RSS Poster Robot

Unable to open URL or no data returned

I'm getting the same error message with another RSS feed for a few days now (since upgrade to RC 2) but I think that this is because of wrong settings of RSS feed itself (I checked the url and found out that the location of RSS feed (.xml) has changed) so I think its not a vBulletin fault.

Comment

Originally posted by nferreri View Post
                            I don't get it...

I have many other RSS feeds going just fine but nothing from craigslist is working....

http://www.solemind.com is the site... all other feeds are working except this one...

oh and I did have feed enabled (shows it off in screenshot)
                            I have those same setting except Check Feed Every 30 minutes and 0 for Maximum Items to Fetch (and boy did I get a ton before I stopped it!!!). I put in your settings and it ran fine.

Why don't you disable it and Add a New RSS Feed and see if you can put the same info in and have it work. Or, try giving it another title besides "Columbus W4M" Maybe some server setting doesn't like that? (Sometimes servers do the weirdest things!!!!)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X