X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on the displayed smilies

Hi all,
    i've a question on the displyed smilies,

why when a users post more of 5-6 smilies in the posts messages,more of this are displayed like words?
    Attached Files

It is because there is no space between them and they get parsed as they go and sometimes that results in it being parsed wrongly as in that image. For instance, if you have a smilie :lol and then you have a smilie :lol: If you put several of the first in a row, you get :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol which could be parsed as :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol I think it parses depending on the order you have them listed in your smilie list.

It used to be, back in 3.0, that a space was automatically entered at the end of each smilie you wrote, so this problem didn't happen.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by U2Lynne View Post
      It is because there is no space between them and they get parsed as they go and sometimes that results in it being parsed wrongly as in that image. For instance, if you have a smilie :lol and then you have a smilie :lol: If you put several of the first in a row, you get :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol which could be parsed as :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol I think it parses depending on the order you have them listed in your smilie list.

It used to be, back in 3.0, that a space was automatically entered at the end of each smilie you wrote, so this problem didn't happen.
      Ok,
      thanks

Comment

its to do with the flood control. the option for how many characters you can have in a word before vb adds a space to break it up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X