Help:User Permission Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help:User Permission Problem

I am having a problem with user permissions, I have set the forum so that you must be registered in order view the threads, and post. I have changed the forum permission manager so that unregistered users can view and post to certain forums.

Problem is that the forum permissions are not over riding the user setting.

Is this normal behavior or did I forget to set something up in the settings.

What I am trying to do is let a unregistered user view and post to only a few forums, after the register, they will have full access

Thank you for your help in advance with this matter.

Main Usergroup Permissions take precedence unless you override them with specific Forum/Usergroup permissions.

When multiple usergroups are involved, a 'Yes' permission always overides a 'No' permission if 'Allow Users to have Member Groups ' is set to 'Yes' for the Primary group. Same goes for a larger quota.

Note, the primary group must have 'Allow Users to have Member Groups' to 'Yes'. Otherwise the secondary settings are not applicable.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X