Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User registration options (visitor messages)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User registration options (visitor messages)

Hello,

In the users registration options, I have it enabled for new members, however it doesn't seem to be allowing them, I have to manually allow. Any ideas why?

Regards Jason

Not sure what you mean. Did you set the appropriate usergroup permissions?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, they are enabled in the usergroups. When they register, they simply cannot use visitor messages.

Regards Jason

Comment

I cannot duplicate this problem on an unmodified vB 3.7 Beta 6, and obviously we are not having this problem on these forums. The permissions are working fine.

Have you installed any add-ons?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have a few add-ons; but I cannot see any of them stopping the permissions working. Since no one has reported this in the very few add-ons I have. Plus, this is the only permission that isn't working. I go to:

ACP --> vBulletin Options --> User Registration Options --> Default Registration Options --> Enable Visitor Messaging
          (ticked). I have permissions correct in the registrations group, too.

Regards Jason

Comment

I had this problem as well, there's a patch to fix it in the bug tracker

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=24850

Comment

Thank-You!

Regards Jason

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X