Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groupe Creatin BUG : Only variables can be passed by reference in group.php line 785

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupe Creatin BUG : Only variables can be passed by reference in group.php line 785

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/maroceve/public_html/forums/group.php on line 785

When i try to create a group.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you steve for the fast reply.

I am reuploading the files as we speak. Maybe this is a stupid question. what do i do after i disable the plugin system ?

Comment

See if you can create a group.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

files that say : File does not contain expected contents are

VBSEO FILES

Comment

This is a bug. It will be fixed in the next 3.7 release.

Comment

yes It works now

do i leave the plugins disableD ?

Comment

Steve ...My site can't function with the plugin disabled right ? or am i missing something ?

Comment

If a plugin is causing this, then you will need to find out which one it is and remove it. Also see Mike's post.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

allright, thanks a lot guys ..i am disabling plugins 1 by 1 ! to see where is this bug from

Comment

Originally posted by Easyskillz View Post
                      Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/maroceve/public_html/forums/group.php on line 785

When i try to create a group.
                      I second this.
                      I was using 3.7.0 beta5 before with all plugin enable and group creation was ok.
                      Now on 3.7.0 beta6 I have the same error.

Should we post this error as a bug in the bugtracker (Like Mike Sullivan suggest it) or should we have to find witch plugin may cause trouble before ?

Edit : If someone have also trouble
                      My bug came from an old unupdate hack : miserables users for vb 3.5.x
                      After updating the hack, groups creation is ok
                      Last edited by Nzo; Wed 19th Mar '08, 9:23pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X