Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7 Photo gallery questions

OK,

Running a 3.6.8 and 3.7 as a test forum.

Imported the 3.6.8 into the 3.7 with zero issues.

I was drawn to 3.7 for the photo gallery...
    But how do i get to it...
    I see it under "Quick Links" but i just see the user's i'm logged in as...

How do i get to a "home page" where i can see all the albums...

There's no actual overview section to view everyone's album at once.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
      There's no actual overview section to view everyone's album at once.

Well that blows...

Come on guy's... that has to be easy to do...

Kinda like you came up short... nice you added a photo gallery, but you cant browse it easily...

Comment

It is its first release and will improve in later releases. You can add your suggestion to this forum and see what responces you get from other users here.

Read first.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250059
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Comment

Thanks Jose,

I'm not 'mad' just done see why no one took it a little further...

Comment

We never claimed his feature was a full-fledged 'gallery'. It is simply an Album option for members.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know you didnt, but it woudl be nice if it was easily browsable.
              I'm not trying to get you to take busienss from a 3rd party company, but it'd be so easy for you to do...

All i'm asking for is a simple way to browse the photo albums,
              As it sits, you cant even open up a 'albums' page, you have to go to the users profile, and click on albums...

Comment

I've had vB since last year andhave never seen the photo gallery in the quick links area. How can I get it in my forum?

Comment

Originally posted by CAPO 06 View Post
                  I've had vB since last year andhave never seen the photo gallery in the quick links area. How can I get it in my forum?
                  You can get new version from members area download, but Beta software is considered unstable ( Backup a working copy of database ) and unsopported... You will need to upload new file and overwrite one on host side, then run the upgrade.php to get 3.7.0 (6 current) features.
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/members/

Comment

Would be nice if we could view the album like a forum. Now they are hard to found.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMRacing View Post
                      Would be nice if we could view the album like a forum. Now they are hard to found.
                      You can post in 'Suggestion' forum and see what responce you get from other license vBulletin members.

Comment

There's also the All Albums hack on vBulletin.org.

This hack lets you view an index of all user albums on one page. Looks like a user's index but just has all users instead of just one.
                        I haven't tried it yet myself but plan to once I've upgraded to 3.7 (this weekend).

Comment

Yes, the new Picture Album feature would have a hard time becoming popular among my forum members, if the feature is hidden. However, I just had a quick glance at the above mentioned add-on, and it does look good. I will very likely install it. Are there any other add-ons of this kind with other features, or is this one the only one? (or is it the best one?).

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
                            Are there any other add-ons of this kind with other features, or is this one the only one? (or is it the best one?).
                            One other albums-related hack that I plan on trying out is Latest Album Pictures On Forum Home. There may be other albums-related hacks, too, but those are the only two that have caught my attention so far.

Originally posted by Marvin Hlavac View Post
                            Thanks for the link!
                            Yer welcome!
                            Last edited by kennn; Fri 2nd May '08, 8:27pm.

Comment

I use the one kennn suggests. It's set for random and seems to be working well. You can click on a thumb and it takes you to the full sized pic in the user's gallery. From there you can browse the the gallery.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X