Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    As you can see it does work in this site on my profile.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=71205

Create a user with administrators permission to edit vBulletin options / forum permission and private message me with the details and I will poke around and look at your settings.

Enable these option, so I can poke around.

Can Administer Settings
    Can Administer Styles
    Can Administer Forums
    Can Administer Threads
    Can Run Maintenance Tools

Leave a comment:

• LorraineMc
    replied
    I enlarged file size and animation works fine as an uploaded attachment for a post in a thread but still am unable to get that same animated gif in the user profile album for use as a background image or for it to even be an animated gif in my album. Did I miss a setting for this?

Thanks in advance for the help.....

Leave a comment:

• LorraineMc
    replied
    Thanks....guess I needed to allow for larger images....thanks for the comparrision....that really helped...

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    I think the Album is seperate from 'Attachments'... Look under per usergroup under 'User Album Permissions' and you will see option to set file size.

1500 bytes? This is about this size.

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webi.../miniglobe.gif

Leave a comment:

• LorraineMc
    replied
    I have it set under attachment at 1500 should that be larger? I want to use animated background profile pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    That is at your discretion to determine how large of a file you want your users to upload.

Just make sure file size is converted to bytes when you input the information. You can see that most images are very small in file size.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Leave a comment:

• LorraineMc
    replied
    can you tell me the file size that allows the animation to work and where I need to set that setting? I have animation working in other areas but want to use animated backgrounds for user profiles and in visitor messages.

Also is there a setting to allow images in visitor messages other then hyperlinks?

Thanks in advance for the help....

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by LorraineMc View Post
    Is there a setting to allow animated gif's as background images on a members profile page?
    No!, but you can still upload animated images and it also depends on size of file to have animation working.

Originally posted by LorraineMc View Post
    And/Or to have animated gif's in a members album?
    Yes, it depends on size of file or animation will not work.

Leave a comment:

• LorraineMc
    started a topic Profile background animated images

Profile background animated images

Is there a setting to allow animated gif's as background images on a members profile page? And/Or to have animated gif's in a members album?