Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to use attachment in few posts in the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to use attachment in few posts in the same time?

I don't want to duplicate and upload the same images few times, but I want to show the same attachment in few other posts / threads. Is there a way to do it?

You can use the [attach] tag to do this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc....=bbcode#attach

Make sure you have "View Attachments Inline" turned on under vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options and in your User CP under Edit Options check, view images inline.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have admin set, but I can't find it in user CP.

when I place attachment ID between [attach] tags..... it shows link only, instead of thumbnail
      Last edited by MisUszatek; Mon 3 Mar '08, 8:53am.

Comment

I too would like to be able to put attachment images into visitor messages. Is there away to do this....to show the attachment and not just a hyperlink in the message? I have the CP set inline and have tried the [attach] bb code and the image will not show just a link

Comment

I will vote against this everytime it is mentioned. I would hate to see vBulletins profile turn into Myspace Clone...

Comment

I don't mind to have it hidden for not registered users but for registered ones I want to use the same file in various posts without duplicating the source and uploading again and again

Comment

Jose....I have to disagree....(sorry)....to say you would not want to see a myspace clone....is like saying there should only be "one" type of forum and posts should not include images....it is all about functionality and options....and I for one would like to have the option to allow my users to attach images to their vistor messages

Comment

Images from outside link source have to be resize into thumbs without having you to upload into forums database or file system. I wouold rather it use lightbox to show full size images or any images. I still say no, as it will easy break content area or you have to place scroll bars everywhere (Blah!)

http://www.huddletogether.com/projec...tbox2/#example

We can continue this discussion on your suggestion in the proper forum...

Comment

Jose...thanks for the link... I am always up for new info.... I enjoy your input and insight....head me to the correct forum...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X