Can vBulletin detect spiders by IP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can vBulletin detect spiders by IP?

And if it can, what's the format to put the IP in spiders_vbulletin.xml?
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

It detects by user agent. If the IP address is in the user agent string then yes it can.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

There's a pesky Accoona Spider that has a normal IDENT string that we can't seem the get vBulletin to recognize as a Spider. The IP resolves to accoona but nothing in the IDENT string.
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Here is another example of a spider that gets through as a Guest:

IP: 217.73.28.7
        Resolve: datahost.vnet.sk
        IDENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
        Site: http://honamfishing.co.kr/phpmysqlad...oduzov/neloze/
        Isn't there a way to add an IP/Resolve for the spiders that slip through? I couldn't capture it, but the link this was using was long and wrong.
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X