X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with phpmyadmin

Oh boy.

Here is the scenario....

I updated the forum icon paths through the forum icon manager.
    I looked in the forum and they were still pointing to a diff domain.

So out of curiosity I did some searching and found some old domain references in the datastore table...

Specifically old domain within:
    1) options
    2) smiliecache
    3) adv_modules

So ALL I DID was - via phpmyadmin - hit 'edit' on those and swapped out instances of old domain with new domain and hit 'save' No errors generated.

HOWEVER - when I went to look at the forum ...

Alll I can see are the header and footer with the time in the middle (All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 PM.)

The whole forum is gone. yet the links in the header still work like 'new posts' - it says 'no new posts were found.'

WTF

This is frustrating because I haven't received any database errors via email per config.

PHPMyAdmin says things are groovy.

I can still log into the admincp.
    I optimized and repaired tables to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Don't manually update the database using phpmyadmin unless you know what you're doing. We offer the tools to change paths so you don't have to. If that didn't work then something went wrong perhaps due to a custom source code or manual edit in the database.

Try adding a new icon to trigger a cache rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      Don't manually update the database using phpmyadmin unless you know what you're doing.
      Not a new tool to me, but if you are talking about with vbulletin then I concede ignorance.

We offer the tools to change paths so you don't have to.
      I was using the icon manager first... path changes were not reflected on forum after changing. Perhaps cache rebuild should be triggered with any update?

If that didn't work then something went wrong perhaps due to a custom source code or manual edit in the database.
      I don't think this was the case, but perhaps do to domain move somehow?

Try adding a new icon to trigger a cache rebuild.
      This seems promising, I will try this. Thanks!

Comment

Just to report back...

adding new icon via icon manager did not work... images still pointing to old domain even though icon paths are correct.

Comment

Did you customize the template or the icon itself and pointed it to the full domain perhaps? Did you go to the site url from acp > options > and set it to the new domain?

If none of that, then start a support ticket, link back to this thread

Comment

Nope no customizations or hard URLS.

I did just notice that the two folders of images I am having problems with are the same two that are not available in style vars/image paths...

/forums/images/icons
            /forums/images/smilies

Comment

FOUND IT.

Show Default Post Icon
              If you would like to use a default icon for messages without an icon, enter the path to the image here.

That needle was buried.

Thanks for listening.

Comment