downgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downgrade

how do i downgrade from 3.7x to 3.6.8 PL2? do i have to start from scratch an rebuild the DB?

Only way to properly "downgrade", is to restore your backup of the older stable version.

Comment

Couldn't you just keep the zip files for 3.6 on your pc, and reinstall them rather than a database retrieval?

I'm just wondering because I have my 3.6 still in a zip.

Comment

What?
        Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post
        Couldn't you just keep the zip files for 3.6 on your pc, and reinstall them rather than a database retrieval?

I'm just wondering because I have my 3.6 still in a zip.
        If an impex(import) was made for 3.7.0 Beta 4, you maybe able to downgrade, but have no clue what you were asking about legionofangels2, as if you go to links within smiralles signature, then you can see that this member is having trouble with site.

Maybe member just need to disable all plugin and see if any of those are the problem.

To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php
        Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        This will allow your forum to work and you can then login and delete the plugin via the plugin manager.

Comment

If an impex(import) was made for 3.7.0 Beta 4, you maybe able to downgrade, but have no clue what you were asking about legionofangels2, as if you go to links within smiralles signature, then you can see that this member is having trouble with site.
          What?

I thought his question was pretty direct, meaning "how do you downgrade to a former version of vb?"

I don't see anything in his signature and I have them turned on as I can see your signature for example.

All I was wondering is if you can just upload the old PHP files for the previous version of vBulletin for the forum software to revert back to it's old style/setup/etc. I might be wrong here, but it seems like that would work.

Assuming of course you still have your old zip files for vBulletin 3.6.X

Comment

my site is electronicguru.net go to it and see and tell me what u guys think. i think i have a way to restore things up! might even do the 1st legit downgrade from 3.7.x to 3.6.8

Comment

Did you create a tested working backup database? If so, then you can restore that database. Just create a new database name and leave your live site until you are sure that the restore is working.

You can not downgrade from new version database to an older version database. If your site has nothing worth saving, then all you need to do is delete 3.7.0 Beta files and upload the stable version (3.6.8 PL 2) and then run install.

Another more tedious way is to add every users with all profile information - threads, post into 3.6.8 PL 2 if you did not have a backup database before upgrading.
              Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Sun 10 Feb '08, 7:23am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X