Import/Upgrade from 3.6.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import/Upgrade from 3.6.8

Hi. Once 3.7.0 goes gold, I'm looking to upgrade my 3.6.8 forum to it. The problem I have is that I'm looking for a fresh install type upgrade, one in which everything is set to default on the forum (including things like removing addons and other mods I've set-up), and the only thing that is kept are things like users, forums and posts, etc..

Someone over at vb.org suggested that I could use ImpEx to do this, but I'm not sure if this will be the case.

Can anyone help me out and let me know the best way of resetting everthing back to default, so I'm able to get a fresh install of 3.7.0 up and running, while keeping all the users, forums and posts.

Thank you.

There is no officially supported option to do that. If you do use Impex, this will change all your existing user, post, thread and forum ID numbers. So all posted links will no longer work, as well as search engine results from prior to this import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK... that's not a problem so much... I just wanted to confirm if it's possible to import from vB into vB?

Comment

Yes, there is an Impex script for this but it is not supported for this purpose.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X